National Register of Historic Places ~

The Daniel Dove Collins House is a historic house located at 621 W. Main St. in CollinsvilleIllinois. Daniel Dove Collins built the house in 1845 for himself and his wife. Collins, a cousin of the founders of Collinsville, was the first president of the then-village's Board of Trustees, and he held board meetings in his house. The post-and-beam house was designed in the Greek Revival style. The house has five bays delineated by the six Doric columns supporting its front porch. It is a rare surviving example of a five-bay Greek Revival home in Illinois. In the late 1880s or early 1890s, the house was moved from its original site at Main and Center Streets to its current location.[2]

The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 21, 2002.

Excerpt from wikipedia ~ click here to visit webpage:  wikipedia

0 US DoI Natonal Registry Plaque.jpg
1st Officially Designated Collinsville Historical Landmark ~  National Register of Historic Places
Historic Preservation
Committee 

Click image to see complete PDF document

Collins Park ~ Facts from collinsvilleil.org

Click image to see complete PDF document

information from collinsvilleil.org

National Landmark of
Historic Places

Click image to see complete PDF document

Previous Owners from collinsvilleil.org

Click image to see complete PDF document

information from collinsvilleil.org

National Register from collinsvilleil.org

Click image to see complete PDF document

information from collinsvilleil.org

Click image for large view

information from collinsvilleil.org

Phone:  Call Lavadna at 618.420.0288           
Email:  artloft@charter.net

© 2016 - 2020 Friends of the D.D. Collins House